I love keeping lists in my Journal. They help me stay organized, they are easy to make, and most of all, they are fun. I often find myself creating a list when I am not in a serious writing mood, or not feeling very inspired. They help create a nice balance in my Journal, and often spark ideas for other writing topics. Below is a list of lists that you can incorporate into your Journal. You can choose to create a simple list, or you can expand on them, by using some of the suggested Journaling Prompts.
1. Movies List-What movies do you love? What are some of your favorite scenes or quotes from them? What movies do you want to see?
2. Song List-What are your all time favorite songs? How do they inspire you? What song are you wanting to download? What songs are on your iPod’s playlist?
3. Inspirational Quotes List-Why do they move or inspire you?
4. Inspirational Words List-What are some of your favorite words? Are they silly, inspirational? Why do you like them?
5. Favorite Blogs/Websites List-What blogs or websites do you often visit? What do you love about them? What keeps you coming back?
6. Books List-What are some of your all time favorite books? What are you currently reading? What books do you want to read?
7. Guilty Pleasures List-What do you enjoy doing, but feel guilty about? Why does it make you feel guilty?
8. Actors and Actresses-Who are some of your favorites? Have they ever won an academy award? What makes them appealing to you?
9. TV Shows List-What TV shows do you look forward to each week? Who are some of your favorite characters? Why are they your favorites?
10. Top 5 Short-Term Goals-What goals would you like to accomplish in the near future? What do you need to do to accomplish them? Have you been procrastinating on the goals? Why?
11. Top 5 Long-Term Goals-What are some of your long-term goals? Where do you see yourself in one year?
12. List of Places-Where have you traveled? Where would you like to travel to? Where have you lived?
13. Facts About Me List– What are some fun random facts about you? How do they make you who you are?
14. List of Firsts– Who was the first person you kissed? What was your fist job? Where was the first place you went after you got your driver’s license? Who was your first teacher? What was the first movie you saw in a movie theater? What was your first concert? What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
15. Birthday Year List-Who was president when you were born? What were the top ten songs? What were some fashion trends? What were some notable movies? What made headline news the day you were born? What famous/influential people share your birthday? How much was a gallon of gas? What was the average household income?
16. Foods List-What are some of your favorite foods? What are some foods that you thought you would not like, but once you tried it, you loved it? What are some foods you would like to try? What foods would you absolutely not try? What grosses you out about them?
17. Hobby List-What do you do for fun? What are some of your hobbies? Are there any new hobbies you want to take up?
18. I Want List-What is on your wish list? Why do you want them? How will those things benefit you?
19. I Want To Make List-We all have Pinterest boards, and love pinning our hearts out. Take some time to muddle through your Pinterest boards, and choose as many pins that you are comfortable with, and add them to your To Make List. Set a time frame for yourself to get them done.
20. A-Z List-Start with letter A and go all the way to the letter Z, listing something you enjoy beginning with each letter.
Here are a few of my guilty pleasures
-Perfume-I have way too much of it, and feel guilty when I buy more. Can’t help it though, I love to smell good.
-Cold Stone Ice Cream-Not the best thing for the waist line, but damn, it’s so good.
-Changing my hair color-Not so healthy for my hair, and be a bit costly. But it is so much fun to experiment.
You can read some more random fact about me here. What are some of your guilty pleasures? Leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you.
Enjoy adding your lists to your Journal:)